Number of Volunteers Required: 8-10
SNEH Foundation has its own pre- school for the underprivileged section of the society near the Kalewadi area. Nearly 50 kids study there in Nursery and JKG classes. The education is either free or on very minimal fees as per the survey analysis done for family.
Expected Roles / Responsibilities:
- Survey and Field work: For admissions volunteers have to visit nearby areas for survey and identify the most deserving and needy kids for school. Also, timely surveys are conducted to different schools to improve our way of teaching and managing the school.
- Management: to take care of infrastructure, stationary, uniform or any other requirement at school premises for the staff or kids.
- Teaching: to track the syllabus coverage and progress in kids on weekly/bi weekly basis based on availability of volunteers, designing the syllabus/curriculum, preparing and helping teacher in setting the exam papers.
- Weekend activities: to take update from teacher and assistant teacher on full week activities and syllabus being covered.
- Sponsorship: As the school is running on donation basis, it is required to collect funds for the kids once in a year for which mouth to mouth and online marketing is required.
- Parents’ session: Being different from other schools, we keep regular weekly sessions for the parents (ladies) of the kids. Volunteers only decide on the syllabus and then take classes based on pre decided schedule.
- Other responsibilities: help staff to groom their skills, to organize any event on several occasion, designing and preparing posters/pamphlets/other documents required for review or tracking progress.
- Admission in Other school – We Assist parents to get their child admission in other school as well as our school pre primary school only. The motive is that the kids should not discontinue the education.
- Revamp and Paint Schools.